Find helpful resources and information regarding Redmond School District’s COVID-19 response below.
RSD COVID-19 Response
Redmond School District is commited to providing a swift and caring response to students, families and staff members affected by COVID-19. We are partnering closely with local public health officials and they will provide support and direction for managing COVID-19 related scenarios that impact our school community.
When an event occurs in our school or district you will receive information via (email, alert, notification). The district webpage, www.redmondschools.org, will have the most up to date information.
We want our community to protect themselves against COVID-19. Here are some ways to protect your family:
- Keep children who are sick at home. Don’t send them to school.
- Teach your children to wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. Be sure to set a good example by doing this yourself.
- Teach your children to cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or by coughing into the inside of the elbow. Be sure to set a good example by doing this yourself.
- Teach your children to stay at least three feet away from people who are sick.
- People who are sick should stay home from work or school and avoid other people until they are better. If you have questions, please contact your school nurse, healthcare provider, or your local board of health or check the CDC website.
More information can be found on the Oregon Department of Education’s Ready Schools, Safe Learners page, the Oregon Health Authority’s COVID-19 page and www.redmondschools.org. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Report
If your student or a member of your household has COVID-like symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19, please follow these steps:
- DO NOT SEND AN ILL STUDENT TO SCHOOL.
- Please call the school office to notify us if your student is ill. This letter gives examples of when your student should not be in school.
- Follow your doctor’s or local public health authority’s guidance on when to stay home and self quarantine.